The easiest way to eat your best and stress less is to get friendly with your slow cooker. Nothing makes delicious and nutritious weekday meals simpler to prepare. Here are 12 light and easy weekday crockpot recipes, so you aren’t inclined to eat takeout every night of a hectic week.
1. Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms
First up is an easy chicken dish from Slender Kitchen that tastes indulgent but is actually relatively low in calories and fat. The chicken will cook in your crockpot for four to six hours. And before that, all you need to do is throw your ingredients and seasonings in the slow cooker.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into larger chunks
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup red wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Up to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup black olives
Head to Slender Kitchen for recipe directions.