Lionel Messi reveals new look as he shaves his beard for first time since historic 2015 Barcelona treble
You can tell Lionel Messi means business – he’s shaved his beard off.
The Argentine striker bagged a hat-trick against PSV midweek and now is gearing up for the match up with Girona.
But he’s doing it with a new sleek style after shedding the beard he’s been sporting since the historic Barcelona treble of 2015.
But many are hoping a clean shaven Messi can return the Nou Camp side to the pinnacle they were at when he was last as smooth as the proverbial.
One bullish fan tweeted: “Messi shaved his beard, the king ain’t messing around, the UCL is returning to Barça.”
Messi the magic man makes the “extraordinary seem routine” according to coach Ernesto Valverde after his eighth Champions League hat-trick to sink PSV.
Messi moved ahead of his great rival Cristiano Ronaldo’s tally of trebles in the competition after paving the way for a 4-0 win with a stunning 32nd-minute free-kick.
The Argentinian scored twice more after Ousmane Dembele had got his name on the scoresheet with a brilliant solo strike, prompting Valverde to sing Messi’s praises in the post-match press conference.
Valverde said: “He does extraordinary things and makes them seem routine.
“Today it was three goals, and he unlocked the match with his free-kick. The strike was masterful and he simply doesn’t tire of scoring hat-tricks.”
No feed items found.
- Read This If You’re Wondering Why the Hell Life Is So Hard
- 9 Ways Old Souls View Success Differently
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- I Love Myself So I Am Letting You Go
- The Best Skincare Products I Bought In 2018
- I Can’t Wait To See What Happens For You In 2019
- The Willingness To Give Up Is The #1 Sign Of A Strong Heart And Clear Mind
- This 30 Day Challenge Will Help You Purge What’s Holding You Back And Enter 2019 Refreshed
- Don’t Text Me If You Are Going To Drop The Conversation
- A Brief History Of Men Not Learning Anything About Me On Dates
- In 2019, Put Effort Into Loving Yourself
- What Each Zodiac Sign Should Stop Stressing Over On December 7
- Maybe Someday I Won’t Be Waiting For You To Come Back
- Me, You, And Some Other Things That Ended Up Not Mattering At All