The 2017-18 campaign was another standout season for Portugal forward Ronaldo.
Finishing the top scorer in the Champions League with 15 goals, Ronaldo helped drive Los Blancos on to a third successive European crown with victory over Liverpool in Kiev.
It was the 33-year-old’s fifth Champions League triumph in total. Portugal suffered a disappointing last-16 exit from the 2018 World Cup in Russia, after which he moved to Juventus in a 112 million euros (£99.2m) transfer.
Also part of the Real Madrid side to win the Champions League, Modric went on to guide Croatia to a first appearance in the World Cup final, defeating England along the way.
Despite the disappointment of losing to France in Moscow, the energetic performances of the number 10 earned him the Golden Ball as the tournament’s stand-out player.
Modric also went on to receive the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award.
Salah may have seen his hopes of Champions League glory with Liverpool dashed by an unfortunate shoulder injury from a tussle with Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, but the Egypt forward can look back on a superb 2017-18 season.
His 32 Premier League goals set a new record, and he also found the net 11 times in the Champions League – including crucial strikes in both the quarter-final against Manchester City and semi-final showdown with Roma.
While still struggling for full match fitness in Russia, Salah got himself on the World Cup scoresheet in Egypt’s final group game against Saudi Arabia.
No feed items found.
- 30 Things You’re Definitely Still Allowed To Do In Your 30s
- 14 Things I Promise I Will Absolutely Never Compromise
- Next Year I Will Stop Missing You
- Hold On — Life Is Going To Give You So Much More Than This
- Next Year, Stay Single Until You Meet Someone Like This
- 8 Things People With High-Functioning Depression Do Differently
- We Were Friends With Benefits — But Sex Was Not The Benefit
- Am I Supposed To Forgive You Or Walk Away Forever?
- I’m Not Going To Apologize For Breaking Your Heart
- 6 Little Things You Need To Understand About A Taurus/Virgo Relationship
- When The Lines Between Sex And Love Get Blurred
- Don’t Fall For The Girl Who Is Alone
- Next Year, Let Go Of The People Who Aren’t Ready To Love You
- The Truth About Girls In Happy Relationships
- Sometimes, You Shouldn’t Send The First Text