Warnock recalls Bennett’s brutal tackle
Neil Warnock hasn’t forgotten Joe Bennett’s brutal tackle on Leroy Sane that earned him a red card the last time Cardiff met Manchester City.
“I got all the stick for three days. It was my ‘kick-and-rush team’ that did all the damage,” recalled Warnock.
“I got scathing reports, so I thanked Joe for that. That’s just what I needed at the time, but it was an easy target.”
But while Sane missed three matches, Warnock’s Wales star Jazz Richards was ruled out for 17 games after a tackle on him by Kevin De Bruyne (left).
“We all talked about Bennett’s tackle on Sane (far right) but, if you watched in the 50th minute, there was a tackle from De Bruyne on Jazz that put him out for 17 games,” said Warnock (circle).
“Which was the worse? I suppose a tackle on Richards probably doesn’t sell any papers or make any news. There were one or two naughty things when we didn’t get the rub of the green. Everybody wrote about this one tackle, which Benno knows was a disgrace, but there were one or two clever tackles that went on. I’m not sure ref Lee Mason even booked De Bruyne, but he caught Richards’ knee badly and it should at least have been a yellow card.”
No feed items found.
- Read This If You’re Wondering Why the Hell Life Is So Hard
- 9 Ways Old Souls View Success Differently
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- I Love Myself So I Am Letting You Go
- The Best Skincare Products I Bought In 2018
- I Can’t Wait To See What Happens For You In 2019
- The Willingness To Give Up Is The #1 Sign Of A Strong Heart And Clear Mind
- This 30 Day Challenge Will Help You Purge What’s Holding You Back And Enter 2019 Refreshed
- Don’t Text Me If You Are Going To Drop The Conversation
- A Brief History Of Men Not Learning Anything About Me On Dates
- In 2019, Put Effort Into Loving Yourself
- What Each Zodiac Sign Should Stop Stressing Over On December 7
- Maybe Someday I Won’t Be Waiting For You To Come Back
- Me, You, And Some Other Things That Ended Up Not Mattering At All