He’s been booted from the Motion Picture Academy and effectively blacklisted from Hollywood, but accused sexual predator Harvey Weinstein still thinks he can get his old job back.
Lawyer Benjamin Brafman told reporters Monday that the disgraced movie mogul has been hard at work since being indicted on rape and predatory sexual assault charges related to separate incidents with three women.
“He is Harvey Weinstein and despite what you may find to be his flaws, he is a brilliant maker of movie,” Brafman said just after Weinstein pleaded not guilty in Manhattan Supreme Court to an additional indictment that could land him up to life in prison. “He is reviewing scripts and trying to pursue additional projects in the future.”
Weinstein’s storied career as one of the most powerful men in Hollywood was torpedoed last year following an avalanche of sexual assault and harassment allegations by some 80 women.
As a result, he was stripped of his memberships to the Motion Picture Academy and Producers Guild for Life. Several accolades and honorary titles were also revoked.
Weinstein was also forced to step down as chairman from his top film studio The Weinstein Company.
The 66-year-old has denied all charges of non-consensual sex.
“His objective is to clear his name, get help with the problems he has faced and hopefully go back to making movies,” said Brafman.