Mourinho insists United job is NOT on the line
Jose Mourinho insists his Manchester United career is on the line but believes some of his star do not care about the on-going crisis at Old Trafford.
United face Valencia in the Champions League on Tuesday night, with Mourinho under intense pressure for his job, and former Real Madrid chief Zinedine Zidane reportedly being lined up to replace him in the Old Trafford dugout.
But the Portuguese was defiant about his future at the club ahead of the clash with the La Liga side.
“Is my job on the line? No, I don’t think,” Mourinho said.
Asked if he felt his players were still behind him following their abject 3-1 defeat at West Ham, he admitted he was “naive” in believing players will always give their best on the pitch – but effectively invited observers to make up their own minds.
“After 20 years of football, I am still the kid that I was 20 years ago, “ he said, “and I am still naive but I still don’t believe that a player is not honest.
“There are a lot of men in our team who were big players in the past and I say to people to ask these players with a great reputation if any time in their career they went to a game not to give the maximum not to help the club, not to make the fans happy or not to try his best.
“Ask them. And if somebody says to them ‘I was a football player and I didn’t give my best’ then I change my opinion. But until somebody who was a big professional player says ‘I was a dishonest player’ I will always believe the players.
“They do it [on the pitch], they don’t do it – that’s a different story. I repeat I may be naive but I still believe the player is an honest man.”
No feed items found.
- 30 Things You’re Definitely Still Allowed To Do In Your 30s
- 14 Things I Promise I Will Absolutely Never Compromise
- Next Year I Will Stop Missing You
- Hold On — Life Is Going To Give You So Much More Than This
- Next Year, Stay Single Until You Meet Someone Like This
- 8 Things People With High-Functioning Depression Do Differently
- We Were Friends With Benefits — But Sex Was Not The Benefit
- Am I Supposed To Forgive You Or Walk Away Forever?
- I’m Not Going To Apologize For Breaking Your Heart
- 6 Little Things You Need To Understand About A Taurus/Virgo Relationship
- When The Lines Between Sex And Love Get Blurred
- Don’t Fall For The Girl Who Is Alone
- Next Year, Let Go Of The People Who Aren’t Ready To Love You
- The Truth About Girls In Happy Relationships
- Sometimes, You Shouldn’t Send The First Text