Mourinho insists United job is NOT on the line
Jose Mourinho insists his Manchester United career is on the line but believes some of his star do not care about the on-going crisis at Old Trafford.
United face Valencia in the Champions League on Tuesday night, with Mourinho under intense pressure for his job, and former Real Madrid chief Zinedine Zidane reportedly being lined up to replace him in the Old Trafford dugout.
But the Portuguese was defiant about his future at the club ahead of the clash with the La Liga side.
“Is my job on the line? No, I don’t think,” Mourinho said.
Asked if he felt his players were still behind him following their abject 3-1 defeat at West Ham, he admitted he was “naive” in believing players will always give their best on the pitch – but effectively invited observers to make up their own minds.
“After 20 years of football, I am still the kid that I was 20 years ago, “ he said, “and I am still naive but I still don’t believe that a player is not honest.
“There are a lot of men in our team who were big players in the past and I say to people to ask these players with a great reputation if any time in their career they went to a game not to give the maximum not to help the club, not to make the fans happy or not to try his best.
“Ask them. And if somebody says to them ‘I was a football player and I didn’t give my best’ then I change my opinion. But until somebody who was a big professional player says ‘I was a dishonest player’ I will always believe the players.
“They do it [on the pitch], they don’t do it – that’s a different story. I repeat I may be naive but I still believe the player is an honest man.”
No feed items found.
- How Modern Dating Screws With Your Self-Esteem
- 20 Signs You Have A Crush And Don’t Want To Admit It
- How To Make The Most Of The Last Days Of 2018, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 8 Reasons Why Understanding The Shortness Of Life Will Set You Free
- When You Love Someone, You Don’t Give Them A Reason To Doubt You
- Stop Messing With My Heart
- 60 Signs You Already Act Like An Old Lady In Your Twenties
- 50 People On Their ‘Bad Gut Feeling’ That Turned Out To Be Right
- 50 Singles Reveal The Red Flag They Shouldn’t Have Ignored At The Start Of Their Relationship
- 50 Survival Tips For Living With Your Forever Person
- Read This If You’re Wondering Why the Hell Life Is So Hard
- 9 Ways Old Souls View Success Differently
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- I Love Myself So I Am Letting You Go