Why Bruce is fearing anarchy
Steve Bruce says Manchester United have to back Jose Mourinho – or else “anarchy” will reign at Old Trafford.
Aston Villa’s boss has warned that the Portuguese must win his feud with Paul Pogba, a bitter power-battle that has consumed the club during the past few days.
Bruce, who skippered the Red Devils to the Double in ’94, says that, while players have always held a degree of sway, the manager’s word must be final.
And he says the minute that stops, “the lunatics will take over the asylum”.
Bruce said: “Let’s not kid ourselves, to a certain degree, player-power has always been there.
“But there has to be respect between any player and manager.
“I worked under the master, Sir Alex Ferguson. He had that respect. As players, we didn’t always like it – but we respected him.
“And if that relationship doesn’t exist any more… well, the lunatics will be running the asylum.
“It becomes a free-for-all. One person has to be accountable because, if that’s not the case, I can guarantee that the club – and that’s any club, not just Manchester United – will have problems.
“It could be anarchy.”
No feed items found.
- 30 Things You’re Definitely Still Allowed To Do In Your 30s
- 14 Things I Promise I Will Absolutely Never Compromise
- Next Year I Will Stop Missing You
- Hold On — Life Is Going To Give You So Much More Than This
- Next Year, Stay Single Until You Meet Someone Like This
- 8 Things People With High-Functioning Depression Do Differently
- We Were Friends With Benefits — But Sex Was Not The Benefit
- Am I Supposed To Forgive You Or Walk Away Forever?
- I’m Not Going To Apologize For Breaking Your Heart
- 6 Little Things You Need To Understand About A Taurus/Virgo Relationship
- When The Lines Between Sex And Love Get Blurred
- Don’t Fall For The Girl Who Is Alone
- Next Year, Let Go Of The People Who Aren’t Ready To Love You
- The Truth About Girls In Happy Relationships
- Sometimes, You Shouldn’t Send The First Text