A host of Arsenal and Premier League legends came together to thrash an African Masters side 9-5 in the Kanu Cup.
Arsene Wenger masterminded the victory in which former Gunners ace Robert Pires bagged twice, as did Manchester United and Fulham legend Louis Saha.
The match raised money for live-saving treatments for children and adults across Africa.
Former Arsenal striker Nwankwo Kanu has set up his own foundation with the match taking place at Barnet’s Hive Stadium.
Among those the other players who took part in the star-studded match were Sol Campbell, Michael Essien and Steve McManaman.
Premier League Masters: Lehmann, Thompson, Gallas, Babb, Chimbonda, McManaman, Pires, Greening, Richardson, Saha, Webber
Subs: Brown, Riza, Eagles, Campbell, Kanu
African Masters: Shaaban, C Kanu, Toure, Shittu, Bassong, Lua Lua, Essien, Djemba-Djemba, Odemwingie, Yakubu, Kanu
Subs: Uchechi, Amokachi, Lauren, Mido, Hassan
Relive all the action below.
No feed items found.
- 38 Signs You’re A Quintessential 20-Something Minimalist
- 30 Things You’re Definitely Still Allowed To Do In Your 30s
- 14 Things I Promise I Will Absolutely Never Compromise
- Next Year I Will Stop Missing You
- Hold On — Life Is Going To Give You So Much More Than This
- Next Year, Stay Single Until You Meet Someone Like This
- 8 Things People With High-Functioning Depression Do Differently
- We Were Friends With Benefits — But Sex Was Not The Benefit
- Am I Supposed To Forgive You Or Walk Away Forever?
- I’m Not Going To Apologize For Breaking Your Heart
- 6 Little Things You Need To Understand About A Taurus/Virgo Relationship
- When The Lines Between Sex And Love Get Blurred
- Don’t Fall For The Girl Who Is Alone
- Next Year, Let Go Of The People Who Aren’t Ready To Love You
- The Truth About Girls In Happy Relationships