Hughes hails Liverpool
Mark Hughes is tipping an era of Liverpool domination – if they can end their 28-year title drought this season.
Hughes (left) helped Liverpool’s arch rivals Manchester United to a first championship in 26 years in 1993 before going on to eclipse the Reds as England’s most successful club side.
The Southampton manager, whose team travel to Anfield today, said: “You look at Liverpool and you sense they are very close.
“They are as good as they have been for a number of years but they need to put trophies on the sideboard now. They need to go the final step.
“Premier League titles have not been forthcoming but it is part of the history of that club that they challenge and I think this year they could go very close.
“At United it was a stick to beat us with for many years and the longer it went on the harder it became.
“I would imagine that is a similar situation for Liverpool.
“Once we had broken through that glass ceiling, it seemed like it became easier for the teams that followed to win trophies.
“If Liverpool are going to become the team they feel they can be, and be as successful as they want to be, they need to get that first Premier League title.
“If they do that then I think a lot of titles will follow for them.”
(Image: Action Images via Reuters)
No feed items found.
- 9 Ways Old Souls View Success Differently
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- I Love Myself So I Am Letting You Go
- The Best Skincare Products I Bought In 2018
- I Can’t Wait To See What Happens For You In 2019
- The Willingness To Give Up Is The #1 Sign Of A Strong Heart And Clear Mind
- This 30 Day Challenge Will Help You Purge What’s Holding You Back And Enter 2019 Refreshed
- Don’t Text Me If You Are Going To Drop The Conversation
- A Brief History Of Men Not Learning Anything About Me On Dates
- In 2019, Put Effort Into Loving Yourself
- What Each Zodiac Sign Should Stop Stressing Over On December 7
- Maybe Someday I Won’t Be Waiting For You To Come Back
- Me, You, And Some Other Things That Ended Up Not Mattering At All
- 50 ‘Street Smarts’ Tips That Could Save You From Attackers And Pickpockets