It’s a tradition unlike any other and the unofficial start of spring for golf fans nationwide. But the beauty of April flowers at Augusta National Golf Club, once a plant nursery, belies the danger lurking for the 84 participants in the 83rd Masters Tournament, especially with Tiger back on the prowl. Plenty of prayers will be made around Amen Corner, to be sure. And we may even see some showers from the eyes of players who either overcome or succumb to the pressure.
To help get you in the mood for golf’s first major of the year, WalletHub analyzed the tournament from tee to green, collecting interesting Masters facts along the way. You can check out our findings in the infographic below, followed by a Q&A with a panel of golf experts. Enjoy the action!
Ask the Experts: Get Your Masters Master’s
For an inside-the-ropes report on golf-industry trends, we turned to a panel of golf professionals and sports business experts, asking them about everything from the impact of fantasy games to who will don the green jacket this year. Below, you can see who they are and what they had to say.
- Do you have any tips for hitting the links without breaking the bank?
- Should communities invest in building or rehabbing golf courses? Why or why not?
- What are the biggest issues facing the sport today?
- Fantasy golf seems to be gaining traction – what impact do you think it will have on the sport?
- Which is your pick for 2019 Masters?
Was this article helpful?
Awesome! Thanks for your feedback.
Thank you for your feedback.