Nemanja Matic says Manchester United stars have held clear-the-air talks as they look to get their season back on track.
United were dismal in defeat at West Ham on Saturday, falling to a 3-1 defeat at West Ham.
Under-fire Jose Mourinho stated on Monday his belief that some members of his squad “care more than others”. But Matic, Mourinho’s on-field lieutenant, disputes that claim, believing his teammates are all giving their best.
And the Serbian has revealed that members of the squad ironed out a few issues in the wake of the London Stadium loss.
(Image: Man Utd via Getty Images)
“It is always difficult, when you lose, especially when you play for a big club,” said Matic. “It is very hard, but this is football, this is life, for sure everyone wants to do better.
“We know we didn’t do well in the last couple of games. Everyone will try to resolve the situation. Everyone has a responsibility for that.
(Image: 2018 Getty Images)
“We spoke between us and we know the situation is not good.
“But everyone is trying to do more for the team and to make better results.
“We played badly on Saturday but I don’t believe any player doesn’t give his best. I believe I played one of my worst games for Man United, but I look in the mirror and ask what I did wrong and everybody does the same.”
“I expect that everyone will give more and be more concentrated than the last game.”
(Image: Man Utd via Getty Images)
Matic insists that the dressing room remains united and are backing the manager.
And he has called on the players to roll up their sleeves, starting with Valencia on Tuesday night.
“For sure everyone wants to better, everyone knows we didn’t play well the last couple of games and everyone has responsibility to recover.
“The manager is trying to turn this around and make the team stronger, ready for the next challenge.
“The pressure is always there but we’re not scared to play. It’s a challenge when every team wants to beat Man United.
“We weren’t ready for that in the last few games but we have to be ready as soon as possible.”
Matic was also asked about whether United have enough leaders in the dressing room and offered a pointed response.
“I don’t think a talker can solve anything. Tomorrow and the next games we will see who the leaders are.
“If you talk in the dressing room, that doesn’t mean anything. What matters is on the pitch.”
Will Manchester United sack Jose Mourinho if they suffer defeat to Valencia?
4000+ VOTES SO FAR
No feed items found.
- When You Need to Remember There is Good, Read This
- When He Finally Realized She Was Right To Leave
- 50 True Stories From People Who Have Lived In A Haunted House
- 50 ‘Psycho Girlfriends’ Talk About The Craziest Things They Have Ever Done
- 50 Wedding Guests Reveal The Red Flag During The Ceremony That Hinted The Relationship Wouldn’t Last
- 100 Resolutions That Will Inspire You To Make 2019 The Best Year Of Your Life
- 30 Simple New Year’s Resolutions That Will Drastically Improve Your 2019
- 50 Families Reveal The Most Sentimental Christmas Presents They Bought This Year
- If You Have A Virgo In Your Life, Tell Them You Love Them
- The Christmas-Themed Reminder Each Zodiac Sign Needs On December 18
- How The Last Full Moon Of The Year Will Guide Your Path, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- The Things I Never Had A Chance To Tell Her
- 2018, Thank You For The Struggles
- 7 Self-Limiting Beliefs That Keep You Stagnant In Life
- The Life We Once Imagined