Pep Guardiola has completely dismissed transfer rumours that Kylian Mbappe is being lined up for a world record £200million move.
France World Cup winner Mbappe had been linked with a big money move to the Etihad in January by a Sunday newspaper this weekend – with City apparently ready to pay him £20m in wages.
The fee would beat the £198million that Paris Saint-Germain paid Barcelona for Neymar in the summer of 2017.
The report suggested that PSG needed to sell wonderkid Mbappe to help avoid a Financial Fair Play probe – after the French giants had splashed
To avoid their own FFP sanctions, the article claimed City would then have to allow England winger Raheem Sterling to depart.
But Guardiola comprehensively denied the speculation and admitted he didn’t think PSG would sell their prize talent at any price.
“That is not going to happen. PSG are not going to sell this kind of player to any other club in the world in the next few years,” Guardiola said ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Hoffenheim.
“Manchester City aren’t going to spend the money that Mbappe deserves, or that PSG deserves.
“Mbappe is not going to come here, we are not going to swap Raheem Sterling or another top player that we have.”
No feed items found.
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- The Best Skincare Products I Bought In 2018
- I Can’t Wait To See What Happens For You In 2019
- The Willingness To Give Up Is The #1 Sign Of A Strong Heart And Clear Mind
- This 30 Day Challenge Will Help You Purge What’s Holding You Back And Enter 2019 Refreshed
- Don’t Text Me If You Are Going To Drop The Conversation
- A Brief History Of Men Not Learning Anything About Me On Dates
- In 2019, Put Effort Into Loving Yourself
- What Each Zodiac Sign Should Stop Stressing Over On December 7
- Maybe Someday I Won’t Be Waiting For You To Come Back
- Me, You, And Some Other Things That Ended Up Not Mattering At All
- 50 ‘Street Smarts’ Tips That Could Save You From Attackers And Pickpockets
- Exactly What You Need To Know About Each Astrological Moon
- 50 Disturbing Messages Real People Have Received In Letters And Texts