Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui has demanded an instant response from their midweek defeat at Sevilla when his side tackle derby rivals Atletico.
Los Blancos missed the chance to make the most of leaders Barcelona’s unxpected loss at Leganes when they went down 3-0 at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on Wednesday night.
There is little chance for the squad – which must do without defender Marcelo for several weeks because of a calf injury – to regroup before Atletico head to the Bernabeu.
Lopetegui, though, is relishing such a key encounter so soon to help set the team back on course.
“Everything goes fast in football, wins and defeats. Everything has to be left behind quickly, because now we have a massive challenge in the shape of a derby against Atletico,” the Real Madrid coach said at a press conference.
“Just as we don’t stop when we win, we’ll not stop at defeats either. We have just enough time to prepare for the next match, which will be a special, a big challenge.”
No feed items found.
- How Modern Dating Screws With Your Self-Esteem
- 20 Signs You Have A Crush And Don’t Want To Admit It
- How To Make The Most Of The Last Days Of 2018, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 8 Reasons Why Understanding The Shortness Of Life Will Set You Free
- When You Love Someone, You Don’t Give Them A Reason To Doubt You
- Stop Messing With My Heart
- 60 Signs You Already Act Like An Old Lady In Your Twenties
- 50 People On Their ‘Bad Gut Feeling’ That Turned Out To Be Right
- 50 Singles Reveal The Red Flag They Shouldn’t Have Ignored At The Start Of Their Relationship
- 50 Survival Tips For Living With Your Forever Person
- Read This If You’re Wondering Why the Hell Life Is So Hard
- 9 Ways Old Souls View Success Differently
- Maybe You’re Not Unmotivated, Maybe You’re Just Staring At A Dead End
- 19 One-Sentence Resolutions To Make In 2019
- I Love Myself So I Am Letting You Go