Every person in love desires to build a long lasting relationship with their partners. The road to marriage is neither straight nor sweet as we might imagine in our raw years. Never assume for one moment that just because you are deeply in love with your new-found partner you will always be that way. In marriages and relationships, fallouts will always be part and parcel. They will appear in all sizes and shapes. Therefore, if you are undergoing tough times or you now expect them after I revealed this to you, worry not: there are secrets to help you build a long lasting relationship and overcome common hitches that come with relationships.
Here are the secrets to building a long lasting Relationship
- Expect less from your partner, that is, do not have the hopes that he/she will possess all the qualities that you want. That is a sure recipe for disaster.
- Be open to negotiation. If you always have the final word or win every fight, be sure that someday, your relationship will crumble once and for all.
- Always try to be honest. According to relationship counselors, most relationships break because one partner is afraid of opening up on the issues that affect them. To avoid this, be open and free to talk.
- Understand that you will always argue with one another occasionally. Siblings that shared the same womb always fight and quarrel: why not people that met while all grown up? The critical thing is that you have a strategic way of resolving your standoffs.
- During arguments, observe two things: do not say mean, abusive or offensive things, and second, do not rekindle past issues. Stick to what you are fighting over and solve it without complicating the matter at hand.
- Accept that sex is not the core aim of your part Rather, support, companionship and growth are the key goals. This implies that with time, you will have less sex, and it should not indicate the end of romance. You have to believe that even if distance came in between, you would still be tight.
- Take your time before moving in together. Rushing into this might see you ending up with the wrong person. Therefore, once the romance calms down, you find out that your compatibility is wanting, and that means dragging back to square one armed with heartbreak.
I’ve been generous enough to share my secrets on how to build a long lasting relationship with you. Why don’t you reciprocate by tossing in one or two of yours? Make our relationship last too 🙂