No feed items found.No feed items found.
1. Quit anything that isn’t making you fully happy. — You have this ability to change any part of your life you want. If you aren’t changing what isn’t making you happy that’s on you and no one else.
2. Go after what will. — It’s scary going after things you want but what’s scarier is not even trying it.
3. There is still time to meet that resolution. — Stop thinking you have to wait until Monday or the next month or the next year. Start right now with whatever your goal was and still try and get there.
4. There is still time to stop caring about what people think. — I care a lot about what people think of me. I care a lot about my reputation. But making other people happy won’t make you happy.
5. Learn to let go of the things you can’t control. — I’m also a control freak. But there are factors in my life that aren’t within my control. Someone’s emotional response to things I can’t choose. All any of us can do is try our best.
6. Welcome the things you can. — Understand the difference between the things you can control and the things you wish you could control.
7. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems. — You get to a point where you can no longer blame your parents or your exes. Your life is in your hands and no one else’s.
8. Be sure the story you’re telling yourself is one you’re proud of. — The things you say to yourself matter.
9. Learn to let go of the people who are bringing you down. — If someone is not pushing you forward and just taking up space learn to let them go. It doesn’t need to be an ugly falling out but understand when neither of you are benefiting from a relationship.
10. Learn to appreciate the people who make you feel better. — How we feel around certain people is so important. Valuing and appreciating those people is key.
11. Learn to say no. — Any choice you make you don’t have to justify it.
12. Learn to ask for what you want without explaining why you want it. — If you want something even it’s something crazy or different go for it.
13. Forgive yourself. —– We all mess up and do things we aren’t proud of but what’s important is how we learn and how we grow from that.
14. Steps towards the things you’re afraid of. — If something scares you go for it.
15. Stop making excuses. — If you want anything that badly you will make it happen.
16. Stop hating yourself. — There are enough people in your life that aren’t going to like you, learn to like yourself and you’ll begin to not even realize who those people are.
17. Realize whose voice it criticizing you. — The lies we tell ourselves isn’t always our voice. When you say, “I’m fat.” “I’m ugly.” “I’m not good enough.” Realize if you’re mimicking someone else’s voice and you took it on as your own. Most of the things we don’t like about ourselves are the things people told us we should be critical of.
18. Learn to speak to yourself more kindly. — Listen to the way you talk to yourself and alter it if it’s mean.
19. Realize what and who is important and invest time and energy into that.
20. Learn to listen a little more. — You’ll learn more by listening than you ever will speaking.
21. Work on trying to be a better overall person. — Don’t make your number one focus on how much weight you want to lose. Worry about who you are as a person first. Then focus on the other stuff.
22. Don’t be so hard on yourself. — It’s good to hold yourself accountable for things but you as much as anyone else deserves forgiveness.
23. Do something for someone else that will make you feel better. — Charity. Volunteering time not money. What you put into something is what you get out of it.
24. Fix the relationship you have with yourself before trying to fix your relationship status. — We all want someone to want us but you gotta start by wanting yourself.
25. Set realistic goals for yourself.
26. If you aren’t achieving them take a step back and ask why? — Sometimes we want to run but we don’t realize you gotta walk first.
27. Reflect on the past year and think of your biggest mistake…what did you learn?
28. Try and recognize if you’re chasing happiness. — The newest iPhone won’t make you happy. The highest number of likes won’t. Saying you’ll be happy when will leave forever chasing something you’ll never catch with that mindset.
29. Be honest. In a world where everyone lies…don’t.
30. Learn to let go of jealousy and anger. — Jealousy and anger are wasted emotions hiding what you actually feel either about a person or about yourself.
31. Learn to let go of your past. — Stop letting your past control your present.
32. If you don’t like something change it.
33. If you can’t change it learn to live with it.
34. Stop trying to obtain perfection. — Being perfect won’t make you happy. Because striving for perfection will kill you.
35. Forgive others. — As angry as you might be at someone understand anger is really masked pain and disappointment because you expected more.
36. Then learn to forgive yourself. — Dwelling in the past won’t change what happened.
37. Stop trying to keep up with others. — Everyone is on a different path and if you keep chasing after the things or the life you think you’re supposed to have just because it seems everyone else does, you’ll lose yourself and not even know what you’re chasing.
38. Start now.
39. Make it to New Years and realize you don’t have resolutions.
40. Start 2018 already ahead.