In what physicians refer to as normal ejaculation time; a man should be stimulated for at least 7 minutes before ejaculating. Anything below this can be embarrassing to the man and infuriating to their partner. Therefore, if a man involuntarily climaxes before intercourse, or shortly after penetration, this is what defines premature ejaculation. The big question, however, on most affected men’s minds, is what causes it.
This post will attempt to answer the question by providing updated information regarding the problem.
- Nurturing is a potential cause of this problem. In short, if a young boy grew up being taught that sex is shameful, inappropriate, or sinful, their mindsets may adjust to hating sex. Therefore, they will have no control over their ejaculation even when they are adults.
- Masturbation in teenagehood may also cause the problem. This is because while masturbating, the teenager may train their bodies to ejaculate fast, lest they are caught. In this way, their reproductive architecture adapts to faster ejaculation.
- Trauma in early life may affect men in this way. For example, if, as a child, a man was being sexually abused by being raped or sodomized, they may grow up with negative conceptions about sex. Therefore, they lack the esteem and will to enjoy and control their sex life.
- Stress and/or depression are known to reduce the sex drive of men. This is because sex occurs through both mind and body. As such, the absence of any means poor performance.
- Hypersensitivity in the penis of a man will activate ejaculation at the slightest stimulation. This means that the time required until they get to the climax is reduced. This is a natural cause.
- Substance abuse, such as alcoholism takes a man’s control away. Concisely, a drunken man may not know when to slow down or stop as they are usually diverted.
- Illnesses such as blood pressure, prostate cancer, diabetes, kidney stones, and other major diseases significantly affect a man’s sex life. This occurs in the event that nerves are damaged or there is a pain whenever a body movement occurs.
- Finally, injury, either to the sex organ or elsewhere, may lead to involuntary premature ejaculation.
This topic remains controversial as myths and unconfirmed causes of the condition exist. However, this list provides the top 8 known and confirmed causes.