Pellegrini plotting Chelsea shock
Manuel Pellegrini is aiming to engineer a memorable victory in a fixture many see as an away banker.
West Ham boss Pellegrini (above) takes on Maurizio Sarri for the first time tomorrow.
Sarri, 59, worked as a foreign currency trader for an Italian bank until launching a coaching career at the age of 40, which saw him take over at Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Pellegrini, 65, won 28 caps for Chile as a defender before going on to manage Real Madrid and Manchester City.
But he also has a degree in civil engineering and put that knowledge to good use in 1985 when his homeland was hit by earthquakes.
And the Hammers boss reckons his studies also helped him become a better manager.
He said: “The most important thing being an engineer taught me was to know my own mind.
“You have to resolve problems and you must know which is the best way to do that – which things are the priority and which things are secondary.”
(Image: EMPICS Sport)
No feed items found.
- 50+ Intelligent Questions To Ask During A Job Interview
- The Craziest Celebrity Gossip I’ve Ever Heard In Real Life
- 50 Hilarious Sign Language Gestures
- Exactly What You Need To Let Go Of This December, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 50 Thoughtful Last Minute Christmas Gifts For Procrastinators
- 11 Things To Remember As 2018 Comes To An End And 2019 Begins
- In 2019, Make A Resolution To Act More Selfish
- You’re Not Bored, You’ve Outgrown Your Life
- This Journaling Exercise Is The #1 Way Highly Successful People Achieve Everything They Want
- 19 People You Should Aim To Be In 2019
- How Modern Dating Screws With Your Self-Esteem
- 20 Signs You Have A Crush And Don’t Want To Admit It
- How To Make The Most Of The Last Days Of 2018, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 8 Reasons Why Understanding The Shortness Of Life Will Set You Free
- When You Love Someone, You Don’t Give Them A Reason To Doubt You