Jamie Carragher has revealed a conversation he had with Jose Mourinho three years ago that proves the Manchester United boss has failed to learn from his mistakes.
Mourinho was sacked after only managing to gain 11 points from 12 games at the Blues with strong rumours that he had lost the Stamford Bridge dressing room.
And the Portuguese admitted to Carragher that in modern football, managers are unable to slate one of his players in front of his teammates.
Fast forward to now, and Mourinho is under pressure at Old Trafford after handing United their worst start to a season for 29 years – with claims coming out of the club that he has lost the dressing room.
Mourinho has undergone a running public battle with Paul Pogba, while Alexis Sanchez is furious with him for excluding him from the match day squad to face West Ham this weekend.
“I had a conversation with Jose Mourinho after he left Chelsea when he was manager of the Soccer Aid team,” Carragher said on Monday Night Football.
“The big thing he said he learnt from Chelsea was that they could not single out a player in front of everyone else because the other players don’t accept this now.
“But it looks like he is still doing that, or has gone back to doing that now.
“He stripped Pogba of the captaincy, which I think was right, but he did it in front of the players and the players do not want that now.
“That is why he has lost the dressing room and it is not the first time.”
Will Mourinho last the season as Man United manager?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
No feed items found.
- 30 Things You’re Definitely Still Allowed To Do In Your 30s
- 14 Things I Promise I Will Absolutely Never Compromise
- Next Year I Will Stop Missing You
- Hold On — Life Is Going To Give You So Much More Than This
- Next Year, Stay Single Until You Meet Someone Like This
- 8 Things People With High-Functioning Depression Do Differently
- We Were Friends With Benefits — But Sex Was Not The Benefit
- Am I Supposed To Forgive You Or Walk Away Forever?
- I’m Not Going To Apologize For Breaking Your Heart
- 6 Little Things You Need To Understand About A Taurus/Virgo Relationship
- When The Lines Between Sex And Love Get Blurred
- Don’t Fall For The Girl Who Is Alone
- Next Year, Let Go Of The People Who Aren’t Ready To Love You
- The Truth About Girls In Happy Relationships
- Sometimes, You Shouldn’t Send The First Text